Urban setting schools seem like a difficult place to teach. There are so many different cultures and situations going on that makes up the school atsomsphere, how can you encourage from poor communities, or negectful homes, to succeed in school? When the teacher had to call the police about family violence than the social worker came and took the student away without even a goodbye affected me. I wouldn't know where to start to tell his/her friends the reason why they are gone.
My goals for my future students is that they gain the knowledge they need to survive in their world, or gain skills and knowledge to move up in life. I want to be a safe haven for my students, and a person they can come too when their is difficulties in school, or just life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can see where you are coming from about the difficulties in teaching in an urban school. Coming from a school with a population half the size of Torrington, I have seen many of the the difficulties that come from teaching there. But I feel though that if a teacher is motivated and eager to teach they can impact a students life greatly, no matter the settings or conditions.
ReplyDelete